Hiring a Personal Assistant
Process of hiring a personal assistant
Today, the demand for efficient personal assistants continues to increase because more and more people are busy with so many things. With this at hand, the employment for personal assistant has become a lucrative employment target.
If you have an extremely busy life, a time-consuming executive career or your own business, or if you are working in a large home taking care of handling daily operations that involves business or office, then it is a must that you hire a personal assistant. Since a personal assistant will have a great responsibility in your life and business, you cannot just hire somebody for the position. To effectively hire a personal assistant, you must:
1. Write down the description of the job that the personal assistant needs to do. This list should contain specific details of what you really need the personal assistant is for.
2. Advertise your need for the personal assistant depending on your requirements. You can do this by placing a small advertisement in the local newspaper. Make sure that you include your contact details so the applicant can reach you easily.
3. Choose at least the top five among the applicants based on their resumes and credentials. To save some time, make sure that you pick those that have previous experience in being a PA in your work setting. This can be very convenient because it will take you lesser time to train the PA, all you need to do is conduct an extensive briefing and that would be it. In some cases, it will also be wise to hire qualified college fresh graduate because you can benefit from their vigor.
4. Set the schedule for the interview. Scheduling an interview should take place in one single day. By doing this, you can readily compare each applicant and there's a greater chance of hiring a new personal assistant when the interview sessions are over. If you are not in a hurry to hire one, you can conduct a two-part interview to properly screen the respective candidates. On the second interview, ask somebody—a friend or a co-worker—to come with you and conduct an observation. This can be beneficial for you because you can get a feedback from other people.
5. After you have chosen the best candidate, prepare an orientation. This is very important because he or she exactly would be briefed on how the office or the business works. During the orientation, be prepared to discuss the salary and other benefits he or she will be getting.
6. Set a trial period. This is a wise move when hiring a personal assistant because you will never really know if he or she is fit for the job unless the PA is doing the work. A three-moth period is suitable to know if the hired personal assistant is fit for the job requirements that you need or not.
My ArticlesThe Qualities Of A Personal Assistant
How Do You Become A Personal Assistant
The Four Main Duties Of A Personal Assistant
The Duties Of A Personal Assistant
Benefits Of Having A Personal Assistant
What Are The Usual Personal Assistant Jobs And Where To Find One?
How One Becomes A Personal Assistant?
How To Become A Celebrity Personal Assistant
Hiring A Personal Assistant
How Much A Personal Assistant Could Cost You
What Is A Virtual Personal Assistant
Personal Assistant Software
Training For Personal Assistant
Make Life Easier With The Help Of A Personal Assistant
The Four Must Have Traits Of Personal Assistants
How To Start A Home Based Personal Assistant Business
Personal Assistant For The Disabled
What Should You Consider In Buying A Personal Digital Assistant?
The Right Attitudes For A Person To Carry Out Personal Assistant Services
Buying A Personal Digital Assistant
Starting Your Own Personal Assistant Service Business
How To Hire A Personal Assistant
The Job Description Of A Personal Assistant