Creative Cake Decorating Ideas
Below are a few cake decorating ideas:
- Characters: There are hundreds of famous characters to use for cake decorating. You can make any cake special by drawing in Dora the Explorer, or Blues Clues. Or you may want to cut up the cake to make the entire cake into a favorite character.
- Themes: Maybe you would like to go with a 50's theme, underwater adventure, sport theme, or a roaring 20's theme for your cake decorating. Use your creativity and find a theme that will thrill the person you are making the cake for, and the guests . You may want to have a masquerade party in that theme. Whatever you decide, have fun.
- Motor Cakes: Boys are usually crazy about trucks, cars, fire engines, boats, tractors, helicopters, or airplanes. Again you can use your cake decorating expertise to make a farm with a 3-D tractor, a racing strip, or a scene showing a fire being put out by firemen. Of course it all depends on what the particular birthday boy is fond of.
- Animals: You can also use an animal theme by cutting the cake to look like any animal, or draw in a scene using animals. It could be a zoo scene with several animals or choose one animal and decorate the cake with other decorations showing where it came from. Use your imagination.
- Food: Maybe you are making a cake for the opening of an Italian restaurant. You could create a scene depicting the building, or if it is for a chef opening the restaurant, a scene of the kitchen with different Italian dishes would be fun. You can also cut the cake to look like a hamburger, hot dog, taco etc... The sky is the limit when it comes to cake decorating using a food theme.
- Holiday Themes: I remember when bunny cakes became popular at Easter, Wilton has pans and decorating supplies for all holiday cake decorating designs. A heart on Valentine's day, or a 4 leaf clover on St. Patrick's day is a wonderful way to say happy holidays.
- Your Own Creation: If you have been involved in cake decorating for quite some time, or if you are a novice with an artistic flair, you can create your own cake based on the theme or the celebration.
Whatever cake you make will be the center of attention as cakes usually are at a celebration. It has become tradition to have a outstanding cake at every celebration. Knowing that you are the one who is artistic enough to make this cake, and the praise you will receive from others, will give you a bushel of satisfaction.
My ArticlesWhat About Candied Flowers For Cake Decorating
How To Make Candied Fruit For Cake Decorating
The Cake Decorating Business
Cake Decorating: How To Make Your Icing Smooth And Even
Easy Cake Decorating Themes And Ideas
Easy Solutions To Common Cake Decorating Mistakes
Cake Decorating: How To Apply Edible Cake Art
The Finishing Touch Of Cake Decorating
Cake Decorating: How About Birthday Cakes For Adults
What Are Some Basic Cake Decorating Ideas And Tips?
What Tools Do I Need For Cake Decorating?
Cake Decorating: The Wedding Cake
Creative Cake Decorating Ideas
How To Express Your Creativity Through Cake Decorating
Simple Cake Decorating Ideas
Creative Cake Decorating For A Kid's Birthday
What Type Of Fillings Can I Use In My Cake Decorating
Cake Decorating Clubs
How To Run A Cake Decorating Business From Your Home
Cake Decorating: Baby Shower Cakes And Frosting Recipes
Cake Decorating: Children's Birthday Cakes
Cake Decorating Themes
Cake Decorating: How To Master Sugarcraft
What Frosting To Use In Your Cake Decorating